The growth of the option of cloud services means that the end user to use the computing resources as a utility, like electricity or water, without having to buy and maintain infrastructure. This technology has the ability to develop the private sector and individuals in the computer environment at home is much more than before. In addition to the economic benefit of paying only what is used, companies and consumers to adapt their applications to new needs and open to question.
The concept of cloud services and cloud computing, which dates from the 1950s universities, companies and similar institutions have great unity of individual mainframe terminals perform many basic arithmetic functions. Different units that communication with the host computer and its own processing capabilities.
In the 1970s, large companies have a methodology for multiple users simultaneously developed mainframe access. time-sharing practices such as telecommuting known as profitable, but still require an equipment purchase and maintenance of a dedicated group of IT experts.
Telecommunications provider in the late 20th century, began to develop a VPN or virtual private network to meet the growing needs of rapidly growing user traffic. The possibility of requesting funds allowed on increased use of bandwidth at a lower cost to their customers. Many operators use the symbol to know what the customer is responsible and that the financial responsibility of the company.
Until 2000, the IT landscape virtual standard. Large companies, ranging from hardware and proprietary software for business models that move through the use of accents and shared approach to computing resource scenario. Amazon.com pioneered the concept of the general public in 2006 with the introduction of “Elastic Compute Cloud”.
There are three basic models, the supplier can provide the advantage of the new virtual computer world:
- SaaS software delivered to the customer by the manufacturer through a network, over the Internet. E-mail applications, social media and the subscription program pays for other uses is the most common and best known of these types of applications.
- PaaS: This release includes the supply of the operating system and supports programming over the Internet, without installation or later Download.
- LaaS: the actual physical infrastructure, such as servers or storage outsourcing for customers and can be accessed through a specific network. The third design is known as a combined model SPI.
The ability to use this new dynamic approach to computers is divided into three areas:
- General: The following uses the application will be sold to the consumer by a third party in general. The fee is calculated on the basis of time with customers only for the resources they actually use.
- Private: the management of the enterprise data center computing process that can not be accessible to internal users. The service is generally described as “Intranet”. Besides being profitable, CFO and other financial authorities to get a better understanding of the cost of managing and storing data during related operations.
- Hybrid: companies on its own network to access information with the internal functions to use to make external applications, while internal security through a combination of reasons, both public and private.
Virtualisation of the computer promises greater expansion of this. Suppliers have increased by 50% when the train leaves the physical world to the virtual operating system dimension of the computer.